Skipjack’s batch service provides an alternative method of processing large volumes of non real-time transactions through a secure file upload. This file can be uploaded manually or directly from an external application.
Can be used to process authorization requests (i.e. approvals), refunds, voids or reauthorizations (i.e. changing the dollar amount of an approved transaction) supports re-billings (charging the credit card again without the need to enter the credit card number).
- Supports recurring payments scheduling
- Includes a batch register that displays the history of batch submissions, submission and response files, batch status, and more
- Available batch API for creation of custom batch interfaces
- Automated routines available if data manipulation of the batch upload or response file is required (e.g. to convert from the Skipjack batch format to one compatible with a merchant’s internal system)
Some of the benefits of batch processing include:
- Fast processing time
- Provides a convenient way of authorizing or modifying large numbers of transactions
How it is Used:
- A batch transaction file is created which is structured in a format that is readable by Skipjack
- The batch is uploaded to Skipjack using a secure file upload utility
- The batch is processed immediately (users can view the status of the batch at any time using the Skipjack batch register)
- Once completed, the batch response file is securely downloaded
- The batch results are then viewed by the user and action taken on declined or invalid credit card payments
Used in any business where real time transactions are not appropriate and a large number of transactions need to be processed.